dui-dwi-attorney-college-station-john-quinnIf you have been arrested for a DWI or DUI, you can potentially be in a lot of legal trouble. Your driver’s license can be suspended at a minimum, leaving you without much needed transportation to get to work, school, and other necessary places like the bank and the grocery store. You can face this penalty even if you refuse to take a breathalyzer or blood alcohol test and there is no proof you were drinking and driving. The mere fact of refusing the test puts you at suspicion and is a violation of the law in itself. If this happens to you (an arrest and/or test refusal), you must address the court within fifteen days of the incident to protect your license. The best way to address the court is through an attorney like the ones here at the Law Office of John T. Quinn.

Your license can also be suspended if you are caught by the police driving with no proof of insurance (or no insurance at all), while in the possession of illegal drugs, or with an expired or already suspended license. If you are a minor and the police find alcohol in your car, or if you give the police a phony license and they recognize it as such, you can also get your license suspended.

Many times, a good attorney like those at the Law Office of John T. Quinn in the Brazos County and surrounding area, can get your record cleared and keep your license safe if you act within the required time frame outlined by the law. If your license does get suspended, which is likely if you have prior offenses, you may be able to get a conditional license that allows you to drive to and from work. If you are saddled with heavy fines, you may qualify for relief due to indigency. The best thing to do is to call our office for a free consultation. Let us know your situation and we will tell you what we can do for you.